WHAT IS YOGA?Mind, Body and Spirit
Yoga means union of the mind, body and spirit with the Divine and while this refers to a certain state of conciousness both individual and Universal, it is also a method to help us reach that goal.
Trained in India, I teach a traditional, exact and easy-to-learn system that aims at naturally achieving the goal through creating a healthy body and mind that leads to spiritual evolvement.
Based in the teachings of Swami Sivananda, Swami Vishnudevananda summaries yoga philosophy in 5 principles or the Five Points of Yoga which make the complex teachings of yoga easier to understand:
FIVE POINTS OF YOGA
- Proper Exercise (Asanas) – Yoga poses help develop a strong, healthy body by enhancing flexibility and improving circulation.
- Proper Breathing (Pranayama) – Deep, conscious breathing reduces stress and many diseases.
- Proper Relaxation – Helps keep the body from going into overload mode, easing worry and fatigue.
- Proper Diet – Eating simple, healthy and vegetarian foods that are easy to digest notably have a positive effect on the mind and body, as well as the environment and other living beings.
- Positive Thinking (Vedanta) and Meditation (Dhyana) – These are the true keys to achieving peace of mind and eliminating negativity in our lives.
YOGA gives us a clear sense of direction for not only a healthier and stronger body but also a way of living that promotes peace and mindfulness to counteract day-to-day trials and tribulations.
To know more about classes contact me: